HOW TO PROTECT YOUR HOME
ALL IN ONE WITH WALERT SECURITY DEVICE FOR HOME
From some surveys, we can protect our home with few simple security measures
- Clear the yard of anything that could be used to enter your home
Do you have ladders, sturdy trash cans, garden tools, or patio furniture around your home that could help an intruder break in?If so, stow these items in your garage or tool shed.
- Secure your windows against intruders
Street level windows and doors are favorite entry points because they’re easily reachable and often hidden from view.Install grilles, bars, or metal security grates that open from the inside with a safety latch to give your family an exit in case of fire.
- Secure exterior doors
Doors leading outside are where more than three-quarters of all burglars gain entry, and where your efforts are most likely to have a dramatic impact.
Sliding doors are the most vulnerable to intruders, as their simple locks are easy to pick. The simplest solution is a metal bar or a length of wood dowelling (a section of broom handle also works) placed in the lower door track.
- Make sure door locks are solid.
The WAlert security device for home – All security solutions in one device
The WAlert™ is the world first 3D spatial home security device that is just plugged into any power outlet, easy to set up using Smartphone, and simple to use. It requires no installation, no monthly service, and no contract.
The WAlert is based on a unique patented intrusion sensing technology that can detect intrusion into a house with a floor space up to 2000 SQ, without the installation of any wired or wireless door/window contacts or glass break sensors. Upon detection of an intrusion, a siren is triggered to deter the intruder, and a notification is sent over the Internet to the owner’s smart phone via broadband network. It’s a compact and streamlined device, can be plugged into power outlet anywhere in your house. It provides you a peace of mind, and seamlessly interacts with your Smartphone’s, and tablets over Internet anytime and anywhere.
- 3D spatial sensor detects door/ window open, and glass break of a premise with a floor space up to 2000 SQ
- Triggered siren to deter intruder.
- Alert to user’s smart phones, and tablets over Internet anytime and anywhere.
- Wi-Fi network.
- Plug into a standard power outlet.
- Easy to setup using Smartphone and simple to use.
- Support multiple devices per premise.
- Free download client application from App Store and Play
Home owners worry about their house and property when they are away. The WAlert can detect door/windows open and unauthorized breaking in a residence. Once door is opened, it will be triggered a local alert to deter intruders, and users will be notified via Smartphone’s and tablets over Internet.
- Senior living facilities
- Retail shops
- Mobile homes
- Hotel rooms
- Asset trackers
- Storage area’s
Did you know that in 85% of all break-ins, thieves and intruders enter a home through a door? And that it can take less than 10 seconds for them to kick in the door, but typical police response time to an alarm is often greater than 20 minutes? If you’re relying on an alarm alone to protect your family, property and belongings from these intruders, you could be making a grave mistake.
An alarm does not work until the intruder has already broken in and is inside your home. Effective security solutions should begin long before then. The best way to prevent a break-in is to stop intruders from being able to enter your home or property, and that starts with your doors.
Statistics show that if you make an intruder’s job difficult enough, they will simply go elsewhere. Chances are if they cannot kick in your door after several tries, they will recognize your home or even vacant property as a well-protected one that they do not want to attempt to rob and will move on.
Protect all of the weak points of your door and door jamb to make it incredibly difficult for an intruder to kick in your door and you will have effective security that works in conjunction with an alarm. Armor Concepts and our security products take a simple, practical approach to protecting you, your family, property and belongings: we secure the easiest way to get into a home.
Security solutions that prevent intruders from being able to enter don’t have to cost a fortune, either. They simply have to be effective. Armor Concepts door and security solutions not only work, they’re affordable, too.
A burglary happens every 15 seconds in the United States
Protect your home with our device: WAlert Home Security Device
If you ever wondered what the chances are that an intruder will find his way into your home, you’ll want to read on. The fact is, the United States leads the world in occurrence of burglaries and about four burglaries occur every minute; that’s one every 15 seconds.
This startling statistic ignited our curiosity about other break-in statistic, and how they can be used to help you fortify your home against the bad guys. When you’re considering home security systems, keep these eight facts in mind.
- Around 60 percent of burglars used forcible entry to gain access to a home. A surprising 30 percent entered home through an unlocked door, window or other opening without resorting to force.
- A study by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology found that most burglars try to determine if a house has an alarm system before attempting a home invasion. Other research substantiates these findings. In fact, an overwhelming majority of convicted burglars say that they intentionally avoided homes with security systems. If an alarm sounded, they admitted to fleeing the home immediately.
- About 33 percent of intruders enter a home through the front door. Hollow doors are exceptionally easy to kick in. If your home is outfitted with an old wood door or one that’s hollow, replace it with a new solid wood or metal clad door. Then every time you enter or exit your home, arm your home security system. It isn’t a bad idea to fortify your home’s entrances with security cameras and motion lighting.
- You may want to explore the benefits of a wireless home security system. That’s because roughly 25 percent of burglars reported cutting telephone or alarm wires before they broke into the home. A wireless home security system is less vulnerable because there are no wires to be cut. Wireless technology is offered by a number of leading home security companies, and it’s more affordable than you might think.
- Beware: It isn’t uncommon for a burglar to invade a home more than once. After all, they already know the layout of the house and have discovered where the “goodies” are kept. If you’re the victim of a break-in, get a home security WAlert device to deter the bad guys from returning.
- According to the FBI, the average dollar loss per burglary in the U.S. is $2,185. That amount far exceeds the cost of a basic home security system, and doesn’t include the emotional damage a break-in inflicts on your family. Plus, many insurance companies offer discounts on your homeowner’s policy when you have a home security system installed. When you couple the victim’s losses with criminal justice expenditures, a typical home invasion is estimated to cost nearly $20,000.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report states that a household member was home in approximately 28 percent of burglaries. Alarmingly, a household member suffered some form of violence in seven percent of burglaries.
- Unfortunately, burglaries are infamously hard to solve. On average, only about 13 percent of burglaries are cleared by police, and recovering victim’s property is even less likely to happen.
The statistics we’ve discovered confirm that using a home security system is your first line of defense against burglars. If you’re ready to find the ideal home security provider to protect your family, SafeWise is here to lend a hand.